It is Valentines Day, which got me thinking all things love. While sending messages of love to your sweetheart, remember the other love in your life: your job. Think about it as you do a relationship. It takes time, planning and energy. Do you love your job? Are you proud of what you do? Or are you just in it for the money?
When we were young, we sought approval from our parents, teachers and friends. Maybe it is time to impress the most important person in your life, yourself. Are you doing your best? If you are not proud of your efforts, are you really done? Do you stop at adequate? Do you focus on just getting the job done?
Here is a to-do list to help foster pride in yourself if your enthusiasm is waning.
- Follow your passion. If you start each day feeling exciting that you love what you do, you are more likely to give everything your best.
- Know your capabilities. Get help when you need it.
- Practice, practice, practice. The more you do, the more you learn and the more opportunity you give yourself for improving.
- Take risks and don’t be afraid of mistakes.
- Stretch goals to motivate you to continually try just a little harder
- Try not to settle for anything less than you are capable of achieving
If you take a small step forward, that’s progress. Eventually, you’ll get to where you want to go. Each time you accomplish something, it makes the task a lot easier to do the next time.
Are you proud of what you have done today?