Do you feel you need a lift in your spirits? Are you searching for a small burst of inspiration? A great quote can condense a large web of emotions and values into a few words or sentences and have the power to inspire as well as remind us of what we are and what we can be by resonating with our values and beliefs. Quotes help us to see the light at the end of the tunnel, giving us that extra burst of hope and courage to persevere.
Here are twenty thought-provoking quotes I have gathered that might help to inspire you to push forward with a positive attitude.
1. “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” – Randy Pausch
2. “Progress is impossible without change; and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
3. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
4. “Sometimes things fall apart so that better things can fall together” – Marilyn Monroe
5. “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
6. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
7. “Life is ten percent what happens to me and ninety percent how I react to it“ – Charles Swindoll
8. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
9. “The best revenge is massive success.” – Frank Sinatra
10. “Get going. Move forward. Aim High. Plan a take-off. Don’t just sit on the runway and hope someone will come along and push the airplane. It simply won’t happen. Change your attitude and gain some altitude. Believe me, you’ll love it up here.” – Donald Trump
11. “Don’t be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone” – Unknown
12. “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.“ – Ben Spock
13. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” – Les Brown
14. “Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” – Ashley Smith
15. “Be the change you want to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
16. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
17. “Those who say it can not be done, should not interrupt those doing it.” – Chinese Proverb
18. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
19. “A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.” – Mahatma Gandhi
20. “The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.” – Bill Copeland
Which of these quotes resonates with you the most? If you have any quotes of encouragement to share that aren’t listed above, please feel free to mention them in the comments.