“The most important weapon in your arsenal will be your ability to adapt.” – Batman
Superheroes are inspirational not only because of their super powers but also because of their character traits that mean they stand firm even through the toughest situations. When all the odds are stacked against them, they never give up. These qualities are the super weapons that make a real superhero. We all have superhero qualities that make it possible for us to do great things and accomplish our goals. It is easy to loose site of the big picture and forget to use the right tools.
Which of the following qualities do you need to dust off from being a forgotten super weapon?
- Solve problems. Brainstorm possible solutions and keep an open mind
- Make a difference. Seek out opportunities and embrace them
- Be brave. Take chances. Don’t be afraid to fail
- Show integrity, do the right thing even when no one is watching
- Be resourceful. A little bit of creativity goes a long way
- Give it all you’ve got, no matter what you’re doing give it 110%
- Try to see the good in people, even when it may be hard to find
- Show initiative. When something needs doing, just get started
- Be accountable. Honour commitments you have made
- Know your talents and use them
- Believe in yourself. You can do anything if you try
- Know your weakness. Every superhero has one
So do you need to duck into a phone box for a change?
Characters such as Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman have more than super powers. They stand for values such as truth, justice, honour and integrity and demonstrate character traits that help to get them through the toughest situations. So embrace your superhero qualities for they will give you the power to be a business superhero.
“It’s never as bad as it seems. You’re much stronger than you think you are. Trust me.” – Superman